Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Historical AG story ideas

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want one balletmom just said, and a Russian Jewish immigrant.

    I'd also like to see them target the older girls, as they keep trying to do, but in a way that will work. Market the AGs...for older girls. Make some new books where they're about 14, and new outfits for the dolls girls already have, but with more details, making them more "appealing" to the older girls, more like the collector dolls of the GOML than the play dolls of the AGs. I suppose the Mystery books are sort of similar to this, but with the 4 that have already been released, none of them really furthered the stories. I'd love to see Lissie get married, and Kit being a real junior reporter for some newspaper, and maybe Molly going on a trip to visit Emily in England. So many possibilities with all the girls.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2005
    Posts
    104
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    An 1920's African American doll, living through the Harlem Renaissance and the sort of migration to the North that went on during that period.
    Also, an asian historical though I haven't chosen a good decade yet.
    Edited:
    Cami's idea of aging the girls is good too. I think that would be succesful. Aren't the mysteries decently succesful?
    And, as a crazy side note, Lissie and Ben OTP!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 08, 2005 01:10 PM: Message edited by: supernonamegirl ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What I hoped to see was story ideas for the girls they already have.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2005
    Posts
    104
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, well in that case...

    I would *love* to see them age. Just, in general, what they develop into. How their happily ever after begins, I suppose.

    I'd also really be curious to see if there was a way to sort of cross over some of the stories. Like, molly reading an article written by an adult Kit, or Kirsten making a trip to Philedelphia for teaching school, or something and running into Addy.


    This begs the question though: Is there a thriving fanfiction community for American girl?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, I don't think there's ANY anywhere. Pity, too, I'd love to read some. I don't write fanfics, but I do occasionally read some.

    I'd also like to see some crossover stories about the girls who's time periods are close.

    I wonder if AG would care if we wrote letters/emails about these ideas. I can't imagine stories about them a few years older wouldn't sell well. Especially if they made them about the size of the Mystery books, maybe a bit bigger, and had like 3 stories for each girl. And other than being bigger books, and about the girls when they're slightly older, there'd be nothing holding back little girls from reading the stories, too. I would want them to release them in sets, 1 story for each girl each set. None of this 3 or 4 girl releases, all 8 girls with each release.

    Like I said before, I'd like to see Lissie marry (Ben, of course). She'd do that at about 14, wouldn't she? Elizabeth would be doing the same, and maybe she could be jealous that Lissie nabbed Ben, [img]wink.gif[/img] . Addy would continue going to school, and eventually be a teacher, so if she was 14, I suppose we'd see some of her at a higher level of schooling. Samantha would follow in Cornelia's footsteps and help the women's movement, and maybe go on some grand tour of Europe, or something. Nellie would be teaching/working at the Settlement House. Molly would go to England to visit Emily. Kit would be a respected junior reporter, and would be disgusted by Ruthie and Stirling, who'd be flirting with each other, lol.

    I still haven't read Kaya's books, and I can't even remember how Josefina's end, so I guess I can't say much on those at the moment.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2005
    Posts
    104
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I googled and even went to the pit of voles and I can't find a single piece of AG fanfiction. I think the audience may be relevant here.

    And then, I went to class and thought about this the entire time.

    And, yeah totally second Lissie marrying Ben. OTP! Though, I think it's slightly out of Character for E-beth to be jealous. I think the real basis of that story would be the, well, romance. Also, I think both would become prominent figures in society.

    For Addy, I agree that she'll be a teacher. Molly visiting England would also be nice.

    Sam, I think, would end up being involved in all sorts of causes, not necessarily just women's. The possible story would be her debut to society and all that fun stuff. She would also reunite with Eddie Rowland who is now debonair and mature, and interested in politics. (and, eventually, he would then become President while Sam becomes one of the more influential first ladies, like Elenor Roosevelt.)

    Kirsten would possibly move even further west? It's really hard to say.

    Josefina would become a musician, maybe? Also difficult.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I totally forgot Kirsten! >_<''

    I was *mostly* joking about Elizabeth, I can't see her being jealous, either. But then, her character in the Elizabeth book seems to have changed a lot from the Felicity books, so who knows, lol. Would Ben and Felicity be able to inherit Mr Merrimen's store? Or would it automatically go to William?

    I can also see Sam working to get better conditions in factories and things like that.

    I'm still trying to think of what else Molly could do. Unless there was only one book, she'd need more than just a trip to England. Perhaps she could go there for a Summer? Maybe decide she wants to go to school there, or something. I can see Molly being a teacher, but I don't really think there's much in the stories that hints at what she might do in the future.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by supernonamegirl:
    Kirsten would possibly move even further west? It's really hard to say.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds like a good idea. She will probably marry John, her friend Mary's brother. He is in most of her Changes book.

    Originally posted by supernonamegirl:
    Josefina would become a musician, maybe? Also difficult.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think she will become a curandera. Her Birthday book sort-of implies that. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted this story idea a few weeks ago about Kit and Ruthie:

    Kit and Ruthie were playing with their dolls at Ruthie's house. They had both spent most of the day at the movies. Now Kit was waiting for Ruthie's mom to call them for dinner.

    Kit's mom made a deal with Ruthie's parents. After Kit did her chores on Saturday morning, she and Ruthie would go to the movies in the afternoon, then Kit would eat dinner and spend the night at Ruthie's. On Sunday morning Kit would eat breakfast there before going home to work on her chores and homework. The arrangement worked out for everyone. Kit got to take a break from her chores every week and spend time with her best friend, and Kit's parents saved food and money with Kit eating 2 meals at Ruthie's every week.

    Kit used to feel ashamed for others paying for things for her. Ruthie's parents paid for both Ruthie and Kit's movie tickets and popcorn. Otherwise Kit wouldn't be able to afford going to the movies. Kit's family barely made ends meet running their boarding house since Kit's dad lost his car dealership after the Depression caused no one to be able to buy a car anymore.

    Ruthie's family on the other hand, had plenty of money since Ruthie's dad still had his job at the bank. Even though Kit felt a little guilty about Ruthie's parents paying for her movie ticket and 2 meals every week, Kit knew she was actually helping her family by eating at Ruthie's every week. Plus, since she wasn't home she didn't have to do her chores for a little while, which Kit loved being able to have a break from all her hard work.

    Ruthie was pretending that her doll, which was dressed like a princess was tied to some imaginary railroad tracks as a damsel in distress. Kit's doll, which Ruthie had given to her as a Christmas gift was a handmade rag doll dressed like Amelia Earhart, Kit's heroine. Now Kit was making airplane noises while she made Amelia fly through the air in an imaginary airplane.

    "Oh no! Oh no! Help! Help!" exclaimed Ruthie's doll, which Ruthie named Dottie after Dottie Drew, one of Ruthie's favorite movie stars.

    Kit made Amelia swerve and swoop through the air, then exclaimed "I'll save you!" Amelia flew down toward Dottie, picked her up and safely landed her on Ruthie's nightstand.

    "My hero!" exclaimed Dottie
    The 2 girls giggled.
    Ruthie tucked her doll under her arm then asked Kit "So, what did you think of that new Shirley Temple movie we saw today?"
    "Well...it was pretty good I guess. But I really liked the Our Gang comedies we saw before the Mickey Mouse cartoon. Those are so funny and so much more realistic than Shirley Temple in a fancy dress dancing with Fred Astaire in a tuxedo in the middle of the street."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see a Coal Miner's daughter from 1884 and a girl from 1914 who lived in Russia during the Russian Revolution. I would also like to see a Jewish immigrant who came to America in 1894.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •